Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stress

So I was just asked by someone how do you control your stress. You can't control everything that happens in your life and what happens in life is what causes stress. They asked who is going to worry about me and my future if I don't. The entire time they were asking me these questions all I could think was God.

I wanted to say God, He will worry about your future. He will take care of you if you put all your faith in Him and find Him to be your one and only guide. Read the bible and listen to His word. Find a church and church friends. Follow what He tells you.

I wanted to say when my life was at my worst the only thing that got me through was my dependence in God. He was there for me. He sustained me when I didn't think I could go on any further. I started reading my bible. I started in John and then when I finished that book I read the first books in the new testament including John again. Then I went to the Psalms and then back to the first four books. I just read that over and over. I also started going to church regularly and attending church functions.

Then I was blessed with friends who go to my church and not the kind of friends that you are afraid will reject you when they hear your flaws, but the kind of friends that will just embrace you more and show you love. I was blessed with those friends and I only hope I show them the same christian love they show me.

Now I am not saying I don't get stressed sometimes and that I don't worry and I am definitely not saying that sometimes I feel like I am alone. But then I turn myself back to God when I feel like that and I start to feel better.

I wish I could have said all of this to the person who asked me this question because I know it would help them, but I was afraid not that they would be upset with me for saying it, but that they just wouldn't hear it. I know when I was at my lowest and people put God in front of me I would shut down until I was ready to hear it.

So anyone who reads this please pray for the person who is struggling and pray that God will work on them and they will turn to Him. Thanks.

Plus if you have any ideas on how I can help them I am open to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for them....and I consider myself blessed to have a friend like you. I too feel a peace lately inspite of everything that is happening. I know that God is at work even if I can not see it...but we have past blessings to look at and people who don't believe in God do not have these - or at least don't realize it is God that was at work. Just continue to be an example to them of God's faithfulness. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete