Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hawaii here I come

For the past two years I have said that for my 40th birthday I want to go to Hawaii. I am not sure why 40 was when I wanted to go but I did. Going to Hawaii has always been a dream for me and I just figured 40 is a good milestone birthday to want to go.

Now even though I wanted to go I never really thought I would be able to but I am going. Thanks to my son and some amazing friends.

My son, Scott told me last November that he was going to send me to Hawaii one way or another. I told him he didn't have to but he said. "You do so much for us kids mom and you deserve this."

Now I know kids have the best intentions but I was still a little skeptical. I mean really going to Hawaii is expensive. But now because I have amazing friends too the cost has dropped drastically. One of my close friends has a timeshare and recently changed some things with it so it has made it possible for us to use a timeshare in Hawaii for the week. Lodging taken care of. Woo Hoo....

So all that is left now is airline tickets and confirming the dates we are going. My birthday isn't until January so we won't be going until January, but I am so excited. I am like a little kid again who can't wait for there birthday because they know something fun is going to happen.

My goal between now and January is to get in shape a little more and save money for shopping and sight seeing.

I am so blessed to have the friends I have and the kids I have. Thank you to all of you for making this dream of mine come true.

HAWAII HERE I COME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! It is going to be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super thrilled, too! I am going to try my hardest to get to go and to have some spending money!

    ReplyDelete