Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dentist's Ouch

So a while back I found out I was getting laid off. When I first heard the news and was given my final day at work date at first I was very sad. I am a single mom and so therefore the only income in my family and started worrying about how I was going to support my kids. But then a peace came over me and I haven't really worried since I have known I will be OK and I will end up on my feet. I am still sad about it because I like my job and I am going to miss my co workers, but I do know I will be OK. But this isn't really what I was going to write about. Now when I found out I was getting laid off I also thought about the fact that I have some dental work that needs to get done and I now I can't procrastinate because if I do I will not have insurance to cover it. So for the past couple weeks I have seen the dentist more then I think I have in years. It has been a process.

First appointment was me going to a general dentist so they could take ex rays and refer me to an oral surgeon. (Oh and of course all of this is on a time schedule because I have to have it done before the end of the month.)
Second appointment (the next day) oral surgeon to have a tooth pulled and I had some wonderful friends meet me there so one could drive me and my car home. I was put to sleep for the extraction. I am sure I was good humor for my friends afterwards.
Third appointment a different general dentist to see if they will do a bridge for me and how much all of this is.
Now today I have my fourth appointment with the same dentist I saw at appointment three and they are going to start the work for a bridge. Who knew this was such a process. I will be in the dentist chair for 2 hours. I am NOT looking forward to this at all.
I do not like dentists they hurt. But I know I need to get this done and so I will have to endure the two hours in the chair today to start the process then I have to go back in a week and finish the process. That appointment should only be about an hour.
But at least I am doing it and then my dental work will be done and I won't have to worry about the painful stuff any more(hopefully). It should be just cleaning from then on.

1 comment:

  1. As a matter of fact, you were good humor for us! :) So glad that you are able to get this all done...and glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete