Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back to Work

OK so shortly after I ironically titled my blog "movingforwardandhappily" I became extremely depressed. I am not sure why I had this attack happen to me all I know is that is was bad. It was so bad that my therapist made me take a leave from work. That happened back at the beginning of March and I have bee home every since.

When it first started I loved being home all I had to do was sleep all day and nothing else and it felt great. But I had really great friends and they would not let me just lay around my house in self pity. Especially since I really had no reason to be so down. Some of my friends gathered around me and prayed for me and that seemed to help tremendously. I also quit taking some medication that I was on that ironically was for depression and as the medicine left my body the better I began to feel. So of after awhile you can only sit home so much and like the time off for so long. Especially when you are a single parent.

I did have some really good times while I was off. I had an amazing women's retreat with my church and we had an awesome speaker. Then myself and four of my friends went to Duluth for the weekend and just enjoyed each others company. Then shortly after that I got to go to Texas with my brother to pick up my parents. While the drive was stressful at times I absolutely loved getting away. Oh yeah and before that my daughter who lives in Washington came home for a short visit. Then after Texas I went with some other friends to a cabin for a night. But all good times must end and I had to get back to reality. Plus not getting full wages is really hard to maintain a household so I knew I needed to go back.

So today was my first day back. It was so nice to be there. A lot of things have changed and a lot of things are the same. The amazing part was it felt like I had never left. I fell right back into my work routine and knew exactly what I needed to do. I am glad I am back.

Now all that is left is making sure whatever the reason I was attacked before I have learned from it and will not let that happen again. I can really feel that I am on the up swing in life and I am excited to see where the rest of this year takes me and where I am headed.

I do know one thing though I could not have gotten through these last few months if it were not for my God and my friends. Thank you to all my friends who helped me through these past couple months. I really appreciated. I am going to miss spending time with you during the day but know that I did enjoy the time we did have it definitely helped me to get to know you all better and for that I am thankful.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are back at work! I am going to miss you not being home, but you are going to be so glad to be working again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I am so glad that you are back at work, and back in the "seing" of things. I am so thankful that through your "time off" that I had the blessed chance to get to know you even more! I am so thankful for your friendship! I agree with Lisa, I will miss you not being home and doing day-things, but you are right where you need to be!! Praying you through.. Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete